Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Living Situation

In attempts to assert my independence as a recent college graduate, I have up till now refused to move home permanently. In doing so, I've gotten myself in a pickle of sorts. The first few days, I bummed from friends under the guise of having to work or just to visit people. I realized this couldn't go on forever, and thus began subleasing for this month from a friend.

Seemed harmless enough since a gym membership and a pool were included and it was a steal at the price of $150 that I low-balled her at, yet it's less than ideal. I'm living with two rando dudes and thus sequestered to my room whenever I am not making my friends hang out with me.

Normally, this isn't such a big deal because I find something to occupy my time. My daily activities range from staying in bed till I don't hear their movements outside the room anymore or simply going to Target and walking around, acting like I need to buy something. However, my few encounters with the roomies have driven me to blogging.

First, one roommate is a big, black football player type guy whom I've seen once, the day I moved in two weeks ago. The other is a small white kid with quite a high voice and an affinity for cooking. My first encounter with the latter was coming in on him and his lady munching on watermelon, which I declined because our other roommate wasn't there and I think he really would have enjoyed some. My other sightings up until today have been through a crack in his door that I pass as I leave. Seems normal enough, though the girlfriend is around more than him... I really wonder what his daily life is...that is, until today.

He was going for a bike ride and let me know there is 900 miles (a fact which I highly doubt) of trails close to our apartment. I quickly responded, "Oh that should keep you busy all day." It seemed to make sense to say this but I later thought that it had undertones of me wanting him gone all day. Then after I said it, it reminded me of the time I was at the airport and the security guard looked at my ID and commented on me being newly 21 to which I responded, "Yep, fresh off of the boat!" as if that made any sense whatsoever. I think I should just stick to staying in my room so as to avoid any contact with anyone that may or may not be staying in my apartment.

There's a Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family anyway, so that should keep me busy for at least 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment